Year in Review - 2021 Edition
Holy buckets, 2021 went by quickly. Felt like 6 months! It's been a very rollercoaster year, but here we are, about to reenter the start/finish line and preparing to start another year. Starting off, we are still going through this pandemic, that has had an impact on my goals and aspirations, more on that later. Regardless, on to the review section. Looking back, I didn’t ever publish my 2021 goals, LOL. My general ideas were to stay healthy, and read a book per month.
- I read a lot more this year, reading 10 books (2 shy of my goal of 1 per month), and even enjoyed a few non-fiction books this year.
- We built a house and moved to a new town (still near Madison) and have really been enjoying the quieter life and funny enough my walking score here is way better than when I lived on the edge of the city. This was pretty huge part of the first half of the year.
- My kiddo started preschool and is really having a lot of fun.
- I did a bit of working out, more on that later.
- I took on a new role as Senior Engineering Manager at Grafana Labs and I'm delighted to say it is super fun and rewarding.
I had a few waves of good running habits, and about 10 runs per month (if you include virtual runs), not bad! Walks were my jam this year, during the lovely summer days we walked as a family almost every day. The gap in November was me trying out Apple Fitness, and not really enjoying that you can't extract your data (no friendly API). Next year I'll be sticking with Strava.
|Kid kitchen, she loves it
|Shelf for soundbar
|Fish tank stand
For next year my goal is a kitchen table and a coffee table for our new house.
Goals for 2022
- Read 12 books (I can do it!)
- Take 4 classes to better me and explore my curiosity
- Practice Mindfulness daily
- Enjoy the journey
- Run 2 half marathons
- Complete the 52-week endurance challenge on Street Parking (1 endurance workout per week).
- Build 2 woodworking projects